Nausea may occur for a number of reasons, including anxiety, medication and at various times during treatment. Anti-nausea medication is helpful. Discuss with your doctor.
- Have small, frequent snacks/meals throughout the day. Eat slowly. Don't let your stomach become too full or too empty.
- Sip fluids frequently
- Try cold dry ginger ale, flat lemonade or cold foods.
- Dry starch foods (i.e. toast, crackers) may settle the stomach.
- Avoid the strong smell of food (esp. hot food). Avoid areas where food is cooked.
- Avoid irritants - overly sweet foods, fried & fatty foods, highly spiced foods.
- Cold foods smell less and may be better tolerated, e.g. cold desserts, drinks.